In the beginning — even before there was a Muscular Dystrophy Association — there was a clinic
posted on February 1, 2003 - 2:04pm
Located within New York Hospital, the clinic was established in the 1940s by Ade Milhorat as the country’s first laboratory and hospital care facility for study and treatment of people with muscular dystrophy.
In 1950, Milhorat and a group of affected families — led by businessman Paul Cohen — formed the Muscular Dystrophy Associations of America (MDAA). That year the group pledged $19,000 in...