InfoQuest Summer 2011

Article Highlights:

Featured in this article:

  • More information about Americans with Disabilities Act
  • How to find an Assistive Technology Professional (ATP)
  • Transitions resources for scholarships and financial aid
by Quest Staff on July 1, 2011 - 2:11pm

QUEST Vol. 18, No. 3

Check out ADA Roundup 2011 for Quest’s annual review of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

See Get Expert Advice Before Buying a Wheelchair to find out how consulting with the experts and knowing all of your options can save you from heartache in the long run. In addition to the resources listed here, local referrals also can be found by contacting a center for independent living, school district vocational rehabilitation agency, rehabilitation hospital or assistive technology supplier, and asking for names of ATP-certified professionals.

MDA clinics, (800) 572-1717
MDA clinic teams include physical and occupational therapists knowledgeable about the special needs of people with muscle diseases, who can assess and provide information as your disease progresses — regardless of whether it’s time to actually buy a new wheelchair.

RESNA, (703) 524-6686
Ask about, or click on, “Find a Certified AT Professional.”

State Assistive Technology Programs — RESNA, (703) 524-6686
Check on the program in your state.

National Registry of Rehabilitation Technology Suppliers, (800) 976-7787

See From a Child to an Adult: MDA’s new Transitions Resource Center seeks to smooth the path to find out more about MDA's Transitions initiative.

Your rating: None Average: 3 (1 vote)
MDA cannot respond to questions asked in the comments field. For help with questions, contact your local MDA office or clinic or email See comment policy